Workshop “Parking under Constraints: Localization, simulation, decision making”
On July 7, 2015 a scientific workshop entitled “Parking under Constraints: Localization, simulation, decision making” will be held in National Technical University of Athens (Ceremonial Hall, Administration Building, NTUA Campus). During the workshop, international experience in the field will be presented from eminent Greek and foreign researchers. The EMPARCO Project’s results will be demonstrated. Agencies and representatives of organizations, with interest and competence in the subject, have been invited to speak. The EMPARCO project is supported by the Action: ARISTEIA-II (Action’s Beneficiary: General Secretariat for Research and Technology), co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund – ESF) and Greek national funds.
The program of EMPARCO’s Workshop can be downloaded here!
The objective of the EMPARCO (Efficient Management of PArking under Constraints) project is to develop solutions for the management of large-scale parking facilities and depots (for either passenger vehicles or commercial fleets) under constraints including:
- near-capacity demand
- temporally concentrated arrivals/departures
- need for emergency evacuation
An integrated methodological framework will be developed that will operationalize a cycle created from the following main methodological and technological challenges/ components:
- Microscopic parking facility simulation to provide the modeling and simulation capabilities to accurately model the required scenarios for the execution of this project, both in terms of the supply- and the demand-side.
- Novel methodologies and algorithms for vehicle localization support, including data fusion of various data sources
- Information generation and dissemination and control
- Strategy generation for the optimal parking management schemes
Our project is supported by the Action: ARISTEIA-II (Action’s Beneficiary: General Secretariat for Research and Technology), co-financed by the European Union (European Social Fund – ESF) and Greek national funds.